We did lots of fun things for the first time.
1. Alex and Monica got to spend two days and one night alone, without Mateo in gorgeous Capitola, CA on their short coastal road trip. I actually woke up next to my husband and not Mateo for the first time in a long time.

2. First time Monica tried taking pictures of freeway signs. It's harder than you think.

3. First time Alex had driven the 17 mile loop to Pebble Beach. (first time since high school for Monica) Loved it!

4. First time I've seen rows and rows of giant artichoke plants, and not in someone's garden.
5. First time we got to enjoy a little road trip without someone in the back carseat needing our attention. How refreshing!
6. First time I wanted to learn how to play golf so I could play on one of the beautiful courses near Carmel. Oh wait, it costs how much, you say? Never mind, I'll stick to my walking and jogging.
7. First time I spent $30 on Ghiradelli chocolate bars to give away as gifts. (Alex saw the same Ghiradelli chocolate bars at Target the next day for half the price. Figures.)

8. First time I got to celebrate my dad's birthday with him, since last year. But this time, we had balloons AND a pinata.
9. First time I got sick from eating too much of mom's homemade salsa and dad's delicious steak dinner.
10. First time Mateo got to hit a pinata. He loved it. It was actually the force of my 80-something year old grandma with powerful arms who finally cracked it open. Has she been lifting weights?
11. First time I actually DIDN'T want to jump in the ocean. FREEZING! AND HEllo SHarks!
14. First time Mateo, Alex and I got to take a boat ride in the bay.
It couldn't have been a more beautiful day. I love you San Fran.!
15. First time we got to see what the Golden Gate Bridge looks like from underneath. Go Z-Clip!


16. First time I got to see Alcatraz up close and not from the city. I told Mateo that's where all the bad people used to live. It thought about using it as a threat, but I never did.18. First and last time I download so many pictures on one post. Hope you enjoyed them.
The End.



4 comments:
I love the z-clip shoutout. Holla!
Did I see Cathy in that b-day picture? I miss that girl. I'm so glad you guys had a great trip, isn't california the bomb!
Sick off salsa? Impossible!
Totally sweet!
Post a Comment