Thursday, April 1, 2010

Baby Shower

Norma, Emmy and my mom all threw me an extraordinary baby shower this past weekend at Emmy's house. Even thought I told them I didn't "need" anything, I realized that the point of the shower was not just to give and receive gifts, but a time to get together with family and celebrate womanhood and the opportunity of motherhood. (And of course, eat good food, which was delicious.)
Not only did Mateo get to play hard and party like a rock star until late every night with his cousins, we all got to stay at Emmy's house for four days and make sure she and Jason knew what having kids entails: endless demands, cleaning up messes, constant feedings, breaking up fights, entertaining, waking up before 7 a.m., etc. As an outcome, I'm sure Emmy renewed her birth control prescription for another five years or so... I'm guessing. Thanks Emmy and Jason for putting up with the toddler noise and craziness.
Highlights:

The ADORABLE baby cousin Stella

"Prom picture" on the staircase with the sisters and cousins.

Alex's mom and grandma, Kathy and Nana.



Cousin time.....


Stella and Nana

Jason trying, but failing, to entertain Stella...

Family......

Stella and Aunt Summer...
(can you tell I love taking pictures of Stella)


Norma's crafy decorations:
or as my mom put it.....
"She's full of nacks and nicks... she's a real "Stewart".
(she meant, "she's full of nick-naks ....she's a real Martha Stewart."
1. The sign-in scrapbook she whipped up the night before

2. Emmy's specialty, chocolate fondu... is that how you spell it??? Probably not.... Anyway, it was delicious, especially the rasberry cookies she made.


3. The professional looking "thank you" cookies that Norma made that looked like they were right out of a magazine. They were scrumptious too.

4. Norma's white (baby blue) chocolate trains and planes. Amazing..... how does she have all this time?


5. Norma's hanging dots..... super cool.



6. Hanging pom poms/flowers....
I think we left those up for good, unless the kids detroyed them like pinatas without me noticing.

Thanks for a great shower mom, Emmy and Norma. If anyone needs some party planning ideas, these are the ladies to consult.
Muchisimas gracias!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love that picture of Jason making faces at Stella. She's a tough crowd. And prom picture gives us all double chins. I want more fondue.

starr said...

you Haycock girls are impressively creative AND entertaining. and those cookies were delicious. all of them (i took them home and enjoyed them as soon as my 25 hours was up). thanks for the fun afternoon.