Friday, June 18, 2010

How?



  • How do people raise more than two children? Why do they choose to do so?


  • How do you get your four year old to not constantly torment the newborn by touching his cheeks, poking his face, pulling his legs, etc.?


  • How do you get your newborn to sleep at night instead of all day long?


  • How do you try to pack a house to get ready to move when nursing, diaper changing, doing dishes, cooking and laundry, power struggles with a four year old and constant Lego clean up is 99% of your life?


  • Why did I think that building a house this summer would be a good idea?


  • How are we going to drive (a normally 12 hour drive without kids) to California next week with a one month old and Mateo when I have to nurse every two hours and Mateo has to pee at the most inopportune times.


  • Where are we going to live after our lease is up August 1st and our house isn't finished being built?

Overwhelmed?
UMMM, YES....

Tired?
UH HUH.....
But when I look at that precious, innocent baby, I know it's all worth it.

Thanks for letting me vent.

4 comments:

starr said...

Little Eli already look so much older than a couple weeks ago when I saw him. Hang in there. I don't know how people have more than one kid. I guess its one day at a time. Have you looked into flights? :)

CdA News Editor said...

ouch! It was really hard when we had Alex (making it 2 kids). Somehow we are making it. I don't envy your drive, at all. Your kids are cute!

Anonymous said...

Moni, it gets easier one day, I promise! (as if I am so experienced--Noah is one whole month older than Elijah!)
Hang in there, and call in the reserves (Silvia and John)
Cousin Mich

kh said...

Oh wow --- he looks so big already. I must get up there soon to see him (and help pack, of course)!