



I do this every time I get a haircut. I'm too cheap to pay $45 or more for a "good" haircut, so I end up going to some lame place that has mentally challenged people with no fashion sense who work there instead. I come home distraught and have to pay $45 dollars to a real stylist to fix the bad haircut.
The worst part is that I could tell that it was going to be a bad cut in the first minutes I sat down in the chair. The stylist, if I dare call him that, was a little shaky in the hands and not so graceful in the holding of the comb and scissors. I then proceeded to ask him how long he had been working there.
"Since 2006", but I took some time off to go work on the Disney Cruise Ship.
"Oh, I didn't know they had a salon on the ship." I said.
"Yes, they do, but I don't cut hair. I perform on stage, singing and dancing with the characters and escorting them around."
"Awesome. Sounds fun." I said.
I should have gotten out of the chair and ran away, but I thought that maybe gay guys would be good at styling hair, so I stayed.
When he was done, it was so bad. I told him to keep the A -line look, he didn't. I made him re-cut it. I think he felt pretty bad because I said, "Um, I don't really think I like that very much." I was referring to the fact that the front strands were about 3 inches shorter than the side strands of hair. That's not an A-line, blunt cut. That's a "V" -line cut. I'm not a professional stylist, but I can tell a straight line when I see one. And, I didn't see one.
Warning #2 was when he held up some strands on the side to measure them and then said out loud "oooooh, I was afraid of that."
Anyway, long story short, I might just let it grow out and try again in a few months.
What do you think?
6 comments:
Your face is the best part. Try straightening it and then see how it turns out. Oh yeah, I took your straightener. Try one of those round brush things then.
I have grown to appreciate the $45 haircut. I really love going to Shep because I don't even have to tell him what to do...I just say, cut it so it will look good, even when I don't style it--because that is pretty much every day. Luckily Calder cuts his own hair (number two setting on his clippers) and so our haircutting-costs average out.
It looks great, you always have great hair, I'm jealous!
That is a priceless look on your face. I started laughing without even knowing what this post was about. Too bad Ash wasn't here to enjoy this with me.
By the way, your hair looks good.
Oh man! Bad cuts suck. But the style is cute. I'm sorry.
thanks for sharing! LOL!
Post a Comment