Back to the photo post. These pictures were taken at my cousin's house in Ventura County over the Christmas break. Andre and Alieke generously bought Mateo his first bat and balls for Christmas. He loves them.
The fourth picture in this folder was actually a video of Alex throwing the ball to Mateo. The "blogger" wouldn't let me download it, after three attempts. So, I'll just describe what happens. After Alex throws the ball, Mateo cheerfully proceeds to violently coughed up his left lung from his illness/cold/cough he was suffering from over the break. In the video, Alex drops the ball and walks towards the camera and says "Let's go put some socks on you."
When I saw this, I became overjoyed with pride because I have taught my husband well. My Latina mothering style has rubbed off on not only me, but on my husband too.
Even though it was about 60-65 degrees outside, you shouldn't be walking around in the cold grass outside BAREFOOT. That's how I was raised, by my hispanic mother, who would NEVER let us go anywhere barefoot, because "te vas a enfermar." Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that's how you get sick. It has nothing to do with viruses, bacteria, or anything like that. It's all about the extreme cold and hot temperature changes that we expose ourselves to. I believe this is not only how it works in Latin America, but in some Asian culture too.
Here are some more rules:
1. Always wear a sweater or jacket. Even if it's 80 degrees outside.
2. If you are sick, NEVER take a shower or bath. It will make you more sick. "Te vas a resfriar!"
3. Don't drink milk while eating melon. ??
4. Don't drink water with ice, or anything with ice, or even anything cold for that matter.
5. Did I mention always wear shoes and socks indoors and outdoors?
There's a lot more, I just can't think of them right now.
Anyway, thank you Alex for getting Mateo properly dressed for outdoor activities.
No socks or shoes.
Bien hecho.
3 comments:
That was the longest post ever about one picture.
I think mom's wive's tales deserve a whole other post on their own. Like her most recent one: if a frog somehow hops into your bedroom, that means fertility. ?
I am totally laughing!!!
I don't think we ever got the "milk & melon" lecture & while I'm sure my mom told me otherwise, I remember being barefoot ALL the time. But she still tells me not to shower when I'm getting sick. Riiiiiight.
Post a Comment