Tuesday, November 24, 2009

2010 Calendars and Some Other Things


O.K.,
So I guess I wasn't "out of business" for that long. I actually DO have some interesting things to post.

First, I wanted to take this opportunity to promote my mother-in-law, Kathy Peterson's, beautiful art work. She made 12 gorgeous, huge paintings of women representing every month. Then, she had a graphic designer turn the paintings into a calendar. She added a special thought that each month represents. Reading these monthly thoughts will make you want to relax, be a better person and enjoy each precious moment of life. As my mom says, "Kathy is like my Dali Lama, my Buddha, she's so peaceful." That's how these calendars will make you feel. I can't wait to put mine up in my kitchen starting 2010. They are great presents for families, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. Go to her blogspot to purchase one, or many, using paypal.

www.kathleenpetersonart.blogspot.com

Second, we bought a lot. No, I don't mean "a lot" as in "muchas cosas". I mean a piece of land. Yes, after almost a year and a half of looking for a house to buy, putting in various offers, we found a 1/2 acres lot (thank you KSL) to build on. This is huge for us and very exciting. It will be very simple, passive solar, energy efficient, blah blah blah. More on those details later. We'll start building as soon as the snow starts to melt. March/April-ish. O.K., who am I kidding, we'll bulldoze the snow away, and hopefully be able to move in August or Sept., or at least camp out on the property until the house is finished. Which will be very interesting with a new addition to our family. This leads me to number three.

Third, yes, miracles do happen. I'm happy to finally announce that Mateo will have a sibling for his birthday in June. (Due date is 3 days before his birthday. That should be interesting.) I'm very shocked, scared, relieved, happy, excited, nervous, nauseous, and mostly grateful for the chance to have another little miracle join us. Did I mention nauseous? Everyone thinks it's a girl. Even Mateo. I'll find out in January what the sex is. No, I don't like waiting. I'm not good at that. I need to have names and clothes ready in advance. I know,..... building a house, moving AND having a baby all in the same few months. Insanity? YES. You can't plan these things. I have to remind myself to just "go with the flow."

Fourth, well, nothing like the fact that I'm cooking my first turkey in my life right now for a work pot luck tonight will compete with my previous announcement. Mateo and I just got back from the beach in Mexico. It was glorious. I can't wait to go back. I think we decided to go to Sea World (do the California, Nevada, Utah loop) for our three week break this December/January. Alex is dying to surf and Mateo will love Sea World. The endless hours in the car don't sound very wonderful at this point (almost 13 weeks along), but I'm up for going anywhere warmer than where I am right now. Any ideas on how to get discounts to Sea World? Prices have gone up "a bit" since I was last there in 1985.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Dave and Ash said...

Congratulations! That's great news. Hopefully your nausea goes away after the first trimester. If not, good luck on your road trip.

Lindsey Ellis said...

That is GREAT news! I'm so happy for you guys. Paul can get you discount tickets to Sea World from his company. When are you coming to SD?

kh said...

HOORAY to all!

Kim said...

It's taken me this long to see if you were back in business, and yes, I'd say you are. :) Congratulats on all the good news!