Wednesday, November 24, 2010

House Pictures

I decided to finally post some pictures of the new house. We've lived in it almost two months now. It feels great to finally have our own house after 13 years of marriage. We finally have a place to put those awkward and useful wedding presents we've been lugging around with us for the past 13 years... someday maybe I'll use that huge crystal bowl and serving platter:)

I decided the house was never going to be perfectly staged and clean for photo worthy shots, so I decided to take pictures of the house in all it's glory; toys everywhere, food out, dirty dished, laundry that needs to be put away (that Mateo is jumping on) etc. Of course, I have to do everything in 5-10 minute stages in my life before I get interrupted, (darn kids) so I only got to download these four pictures. Our computer got a virus and died this weekend so I possibly just lost all my pictures taken since August. So I'll try to post more later.

Alex made the kitchen counter top out of an old bowling alley lane he found on KSL. It's pretty cool. I love the upstairs, my bedroom windows, my private bath/shower, my walk-in-closet with a "his" and "hers" side, my huge kitchen, pantry, cement floors that I've only mopped twice since we've moved in :) don't tell...and mostly, all the light fromt the south facing windows that let in all the light and warmth I need to get through these cold winters. (well that was an exageration... I really need daily sunlight, temperatures above the 50's, an ocean close by, a nanny and a maid.... but we won't dwell on that:)





2 comments:

Emily said...

Remember how that first week you moved in you were all, "blah blah blah this house is WAY too big, what were we thinking?!" and I said, "just wait until you get all your crap in there." Was I right?? I think it looks great and I want to visit. We'll make a weekend out of it sometime and we'll go to WalMart together instead of our usual Target/Costco run.

Anna said...

I LOVE it! Can we copy you? Thanks for the phone messages and blog comments. We are surviving this 4th trimester and enjoying the kids. Hope to see you in person someday.