Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break 2011














Highlights
1. The ocean, warm sun, warm sand.
2. Visiting with family and friends.
3. Fresh sea food and sushi.
4. Stocked up at Trader Joe's.
5. Visiting w/ Mateo's favorite Haycock cousins.
6. Did I say the ocean???
7. Shopping spree at outlets.
8. Picking avocados and oranges off the trees at our old "tree house" location and bringing them home to enjoy.

Low lights
1. Too many hours in the truck.... I counted about 60 hours in one week.
2. Not enough sleep, but that's nothing new.
3. Eli's is officially "un-trained" to soothe himself to sleep.
4. That we don't live close enough to California.
5. Missing the poppy fields bloom with bright orange and gold at the California Poppy Reserve by two weeks.

Overall, a wonderful and well deserved trip to the land of sun, flip flops and expensive living. (I regularly have to remind myself why we don't live there anymore... the gas prices did a good job of reminding me.)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Looks like a good time. We miss you guys!