Thursday, June 16, 2011

Job Chart


I'm trying to create some sort of order and schedule for Mateo this summer. Instead of hanging out in our pajamas until 1 p.m. and watching cartoons all morning, I printed out a job chart and schedule for us to follow. (I am my father's daughter.)
After I explained the assignments to Mateo and talked about the rewards he would earn when completing each job, he was into it for a little while. First, he got dressed, (they were yesterday's dirty clothes... but it's a start). Next he kind of made his bed. Then he got angry and said, "I can't do this. This is so dumb." Then he took a pen and crossed out the entire week's job of "bedtime". "I don't want to do this one."

Awesome..... that was my attempt at creating some sort of order to my life. When does school start again?

Later that day, Alex one-uped me and found this cool website. We started it today. It's easy enough for Mateo to use. (yes he knows how to get on the internet by himself). We'll see how this one works. I need to add "pick up the million little pieces of Legos all over the house" chore. Mateo has already informed me that he only wants to do the "feed Hayduke" chore. I love how he thinks he gets to choose his chores. Super Nanny???? Anyone?

On a positive note....
1. We have grass! and trees! Thank you Alex.
2. We have three garden beds w/ actual vegies growing in them thanks to Alex's hard work, again.
3. Eli goes to sleep on his own for naps.... not bed time yet and still wakes up 2-3 times at night. We are working on that. Thank you diet Pepsi.
4. Mateo went out of town to stay w/ his cousins for a weekend w/out mom or dad. He had a great time! A big successful step for him and a very nice break for me. He LOVES his uncle Jason and Emmy too. (thanks guys)


1 comment:

Emily said...

I like that picture. Mateo looks so defiant.