Here is the long awaited post with pictures of our new home. Yes, we are still unpacking, organizing, cleaning, and we haven't even started the "fixer-upper" projects yet. The kitchen will be gutted and remodeled in October, which I'm half looking forward to and half not. We've been in this house three weeks so far and it's starting to feel like home, kind of. (We smudged it with sage to get the bad energy and previous renter cooties out and start fresh.) I'm so glad we have a home all to ourselves and didn't have to end up renting to someone in the basement to help pay the mortgage. Today is the first really cold and rainy day. Fall is here. The leaves are gold and orange. Yeah, I guess the mountains are beautiful.. whatever. For me it feels like winter. It's probably only 55 degrees outside, but that's as cold as I like it. There is actually snow it the mountains right now that I can see from the kitchen window. Yuck. I hate cold and winter. I don't know what I'm going to do all day with Mateo and
Hayduke indoors. We were going on a walk this morning just as it started pouring down. I miss
Ojai.
But on a happy note.. Here are some pictures I took a little while ago.
Kathy and Mateo clean the kitchen.


What a good little helper.
The 1950's kitchen.
Messy living room.

The backyard.
5 comments:
Hey Moni! Cute house! I hope you guys really enjoy having your own place to put all of your sweat, blood, and tears (don't forget $$$).
You just need to go snowboarding this winter, that might make it more bearable. I will definitely email you when it's below zero in Indiana.
Hey now, I've been reading your blog...John too! You can always come visit us in South Pas to warm up a little! Take care!!!
Well, this is certainly the cousin connection. I love the house. Mateo is BEAUTIFUL! Love you!
Jujuwaya
Look! You have at least three fans! I think you should post pictures of your haircut.
Oh dear Monica, I am ever present and read. What do you think google reader is for? And why do you think my dishes never get done? Maybe I'll switch to paper. Good job brainwashing Mateo young, and he doesn't even require bribes yet! Congrats on the cute house!
Post a Comment