On September 9, I celebrated my 33rd birthday. The day was filled with fun moments such as having breakfast, brushing my teeth, nursing and feeding Mateo and doing some dishes. I also got to go visit our friends Matt and Ana Baker who invited us over for a delicious brunch and a viewing of their three week old baby, Miles. (Thanks again, Bakers.)
Eric, (my sweet brother-in-law, who is pseudo Brazilian) called to wish me a happy birthday and told me that I am the "edage de Cristo". (I don't know how to spell that in Portuguese, but that's what it sounds like.) I guess in Brazil, when you turn 33, your age is "the age of Christ". Little do they forget, that that's the age he died, not the only age he ever had. Duh. So, I started to think, "wow, what a young age to die!" He was so young, yet he accomplished so much, like raising the dead, healing the sick, teaching a new way of life, starting the 12 apostle club, turning water to wine, etc. etc. What have I done? Besides doing the college thing and getting a masters degree, getting married, and teaching for 8 years, traveling the world and having a beautiful baby boy, my life started to feel a little bit mediocre and unaccomplished. But, I guess I shouldn't compare myself to others, especially not to Jesus Christ. I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to save the world and sacrifice myself for every human being like he did. I don't even want to try right now. I have too much laundry and dishes to do. I guess I'll just keep being content with my "mediocre" life, which is pretty darn good. Happy "edage de Cristo".
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not only was Jesus the PRESIDENT of the 12 apostles club, but he was also a member.
Get it? Wait, was he?
Well I guess if you consider your post sacrilegious, then so is my comment. Let's go down together, sister.
Post a Comment