Monday, October 15, 2007

Kitchen Remodel, stage 2

After the kitchen was moved into the living room....
all the cooking and eating takes place here....
while we dig around in boxes and old drawers for plates and food. We wouldn't survive without the rice cooker, crock pot, microwave and snackster. This was one of the FIVE layers of linoleum that Alex ripped up from the floor. Isn't she a beauty? Should have kept this one in the kitchen, huh. It matched the tile.
The garage was full of kitchen parts and was eventually hauled away to the dump.
Then, Mateo and Alex could get started on the fun.
Mateo loves fix-up projects as much as his dad does. I think they should both go into the construction business. They make a pretty good team.

Before, the kitchen had this little door/opening into the living room and now....

it is transformed into this beautiful, wide open space. Thanks to all the hard work of Alex, Eric, and Adam...and all their hairy butt cracks I had to see in the process. (I should take that last part out...but I'll leave it, for now.)

3 comments:

Julia said...

Hey, I'd gladly take in a few hairy butt cracks if it meant I got a new kitchen. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Julia said...

Hey Moni--I don't know your e-mail address, but my glamour shot photographer is Leah Wright. She lives in Provo and her phone number is 801.812.0339. She charges $200 for a 1-2 hour session, and that includes a high resolution edited CD. Looks like you guys are doing great. I love reading your blog--it feels like a mini-reunion.

monica said...

thanks julia