For those of you who care... the kitchen is fully functioning. No more dishes in the bathtub. I love it. There are still many things that we need to do, but for now, it's fine. (Like the fifth trip to Ikea to return parts and get missing parts.) Alex has been working his butt off to get it all done while he gets more and more behind in his school work. He even managed to tile the front porch during his 3 hour class break. He's taking a break for now on the home improvement jobs while he grades 75, eight page papers.
We still have to put on the finishing touches, i.e. trim around door frame and window, paint the ceiling, add a backsplash, base and side panels, add one more cabinet, etc. It all came together accidentally in the end and not at all what I had originally pictured, but it looks great. What do you think?
Before......


And after....
Please don't say you like the "before" better.
Construction zone below. It might get cleaned up this year, hopefully.
3 comments:
Looks awesome! Keep using that mineral oil! "The water beads up, it doesn't even stick!" I think you said that like four times last night. In between all the times you commented on how much I eat and how I need to lose five pounds for that dress. I'm telling mom.
Hey, I never said you needed to loose five pounds. I only said wear that dress now, before it's too late. Meaning, it won't fit you for much longer...ha ha. Just kidding. You looked beautiful last night. Even Jason said so.
Ahhhh the joys of homeownership. : )
I can't wait to see it all!
Post a Comment