Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New Kitchen, stage 3

Of course, I have to post these cute pictures of Mateo learning valuable Ikea building skills from his dad. He thinks it's so much fun to play with drills and hammers and hide in the "boxes" (cabinets) that have taken over the house.
He's throwing a ball out of the box. Great action shot, huh.
Here's what the kitchen looks like now. The Ikea cabinets are all put together, but not 100%. We're just waiting for the weekend when Alex has time to finish. We still need to cut a hole in the counter top and put the sink in. I think the plumbing still needs to be worked on too. There are 100 little, never ending projects that still need to be done.The new stove and fridge are great.
The Ikea cabinets were graciously organized and put together by Starr, Calder, Alex and Matt Baker. Thanks for all your help guys! I love the drawers that have the automatic suction capabilities so that you don't slam them shut. I feel so spoiled and lucky. I can't wait until I can move my stuff into them.
We decided on dark tile, 18X18, because it was a last minute, cheap solution to a long, drama of flooring dilemmas. I like it. It hides the dirt and is very low maintenance. Stay posted for the finished product.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Mateo is so CUTE! That is so nice to be getting a new kitchen. It looks great so far! Can't wait to see more pics...

Emily said...

Can't wait to see it in person! It feels like weeks since I haven't seen you. Has it been that long? Remember when I didn't live by you and I would only see you at major holidays and when a baby was born? I'm glad you live here in Zion now and I love you.

kh said...

Incredible!