Friday, February 1, 2008

Miscellaneous Update

I haven't been in the blogging mood lately, mostly because the computer is in the basement and I get frost bite just being down there, but I thought I'd give a quick little update.

1. It's been snowing here for two months. I'm so sick of it. It's pretty...... for like an hour. A day, just one day, above 30 degrees would be great. When will it ever end? People tell me sometime between March and May. Gross. At least Mateo loves playing in the snow. We make him work for his room and board, as you can see.


2. Alex is trudging along in his PhD program, not really into it. Too bad. He's thinking a full-time job sounds better than studying and writing papers. I'm thinking, "sounds good to me." Any ideas? Mail man? Costco? Snow shoveler?

3. Mateo is a genious baby. Well, a genious toddler. He's almost 20 months and has been talking so much lately. Not only words, but mimicking sounds and intonations of sentences. Here are a few of his most common words and phrases:

apple, baby, bubble, apple juice, I know, right there, agua, i don't know, (pronounced "i -o no" along with a shoulder shrug, duck, ama =(mother in Korean), mom, mommy, dad, "ada" = I want to nurse), hayduke (our dog) pronounced "hada", and he even said Emmy the other day. It sounded like "emmah". He also "knows" (recognizes when asked) a handful of letters. He'll have them all down by the time he's two years old, I'm sure of it. He can also write the letter "M" all by himself. (it's a pretty easy zig-zag, but it's legit. He points out "m"s and "h"s all day long whenever he sees them.

4. Monica is still secretly waiting for Mary Poppins to show up at her doorstep and play "Let's Tidy Up the Nursery" and be a full-time nanny. Either that, or waiting for someone to call "Nanny 911" on her to help her train Mateo to stop nursing to sleep. Maybe someday.

5. Sister Emily is getting married in March, so a trip to CA will be a nice break from the cold.

6. Mateo loves his new "potty". He doesn't actually use it for what it is intended, but he loves sitting on it and taking it apart. What a great toy. Hopefully, he'll figure it out someday.

7. We finally got to watch a movie on a t.v., not a laptop. (We were so stupid to sell our t.v. when we moved. What were we thinking? Thanks for the loaner, George and Adam)
8. If anyone knows how to make a million dollars fast, let me know, so I can buy a house on the beach somewhere.

that's all for now...

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have an idea on how to make a lot of money:
You know that shed out behind your house? Cover the windows, insulate it, bring some giant heat lamps in there, and then grow a special "weed." Oh wait, the people in the house before you already came up with that idea.

I'll think of something else and let you know.

eBay said...

You should come to AZ. There are a million houses for sale at crazy low prices, and the best part - it's sunny and 75!! We could hang out and eat so much frozen yogurt {even in the winter!} Let me know what you think... {this is Brooke}