I'm so happy we finally own our own home. It's been so fun to work on "projects". (see kitchen remodel posts.) It's amazing what a little paint, new plants, limestone rocks, hardwood, a husband who loves to "fix" things, and 400 trips to Home Depot will do. Here's what we've been busy doing for the past few months.
1.Upstairs bathroom for midgets... before, very white and boring...
1.Upstairs bathroom for midgets... before, very white and boring...



After.......very green, happy and a nice contrast. But it's still for little people. (Your feet hit the tub in front of you when you sit down on the toilet. Oh well, good thing I don't have really big feet.)



2. Downstairs storage room is now a chocolate milk colored guest room. 
3. The front of the house used to have a lovely 1950's aluminum awening over the front steps (as well as old black astro-turf looking carpet on the steps.) 
Contruction during the rain...
(notice the new slate steps)
After.....

4. Some new landscaping and yard clean up was a must. Check out these beautiful limestone end-cuts and granite rocks from my new brother-in-law's rock yard. We lined the front and back yard with these.
That's all for now. Alex is very busy with his new "baby blue" VW 1981 Rabbit truck that he's "fixing up". Mateo loves it. It now officially runs on vegie oil. If you want your car converted, let me know.
6 comments:
Your house is super cute. Does his car really run on vegie oil? That's awesome can my van be converted?
I love that green in the bathroom, your house looks so great!
That's just like my old high school Rabbit. Baby blue and everything! Does yours have blue vinyl seats too? Remember how hot and sticky those would get? Ick.
Your house looks amazing! I love it. And I so dig your neighborhood.
Krissy, that's the first thing I said when I saw the truck. It's tiny too, just like your old rabbit, without the vinyl seats.
Leah, if your car runs on diesel, he can convert it...
I love the green too. Nice edges. I'm guessing Alex did those. And thanks for the shout out on the rocks!
Post a Comment