Monday, September 8, 2008

Mister Mateo Head

Here are the latest photo's taken by photographer extraordinaire, Holly Russon. Thanks for the pictures Holly, since my camera is still broken. Thanks for letting us play at your house Emmy and Jason. We love your "mouse house" and your Rock Band game.



(What? I didn't flood their basement. Did I?)

Emmy and Jason have had 5, YES 5! floods in their basement since they moved in, in March.

The latest Mateo-isms:

Yesterday, he dumped a bowl of cheeze-its on the floor. He just wanted to watch them fall, I guess. Then I asked him to pick them up or at least help me pick them up. No response.

"Well, do you want to go to 'time-out'"? I asked him.

"What does 'time-out' mean?" Mateo said.

"It's when you are bad and have to go to your room until you can be nice and pick up the mess you made".

"Hmm, That's not a good idea." Mateo said back to him mom, matter of factly.

So, guess who ended up cleaning up the crackers? Yep, me. But he did have 30 seconds of "time-out" as I held the door shut as he screamed and pounded to get out. That wasn't really very effective. Any parenting advice? Is this the fun stage yet?

2 comments:

kh said...

HA!

Happy Birthday, Monica!

alieke said...

Fun stage? I thought it was all downhill once they could talk back... ;)