Monday, August 25, 2008

11 years of......

Marriage. Yes, last weekend we "cumplir"-ed, (it sounds more of an accomplishment when written in Spanish) 11 years. What young fools we were. Just kidding, but not really. Who in their right mind gets married at 23? Many people do. It just felt right at the time. Not saying I have any regrets. I just can't believe we've been married that long and have known each other since 1992! (I don't even want to try to do that math.) We had a great morning while we took Mateo on his first fishing expedition. (That's how the magic started. Our second date was a fly fishing/camping trip. I was "hooked".) Mateo didn't really get into the fishing thing. But he liked bushwhacking his way through the forest in flip flops, chasing after Hayduke, climbing on rocks and getting a poopie diaper changed on the muddy, grassy ground, next to the lake.
In the evening, Alex endured the movie "Mama Mia" with me. I know he hated it, and was cringing through most of the songs. It was either that or "Lord of the Droids", which I wouldn't even call a movie. That's true love, when your spouse goes to a movie he doesn't want to see. I scored.

2 comments:

kh said...

Has it really been that long? Are we really that old?

alieke said...

Daaaaaaaaang that is crazy. And it feels like it was only yesterday that your neighbor was trying to organize a bachelorette party for you, lol.