



Mr. Artistic, creative, clever, craft boy was at it again. Out of the blue he decided to be an indian.... sorry, a native american. He found a red shoe lace and a feather, strapped them on his head, and headed out for the plains with a bow and arrow. But wait, he needed more to the outfit. He then took about 30 minutes to create his "shirt" made out of string and two pieces of construction paper. Then he said he needed some shoes. Alex suggested he used some bubble packaging wrap for the shoes, which I helped him construct. Then he decorated two dragons for the red shoe coverings and we taped them on his feet. When he stood up to walk, the shoes started popping with each step..... not exactly what he wanted since he wouldn't be able to quietly sneak up on an animal while hunting. He was a little disappointed, but was a good sport about it.
After a while, he said we should take off the shoes because they weren't very "comftinble". I suggested that we try something different for the shoes in the morning, (it was 9:15 p.m.) He agreed and I said we'd find some real material for his shoes instead of paper and bubble wrap.
When I asked him if he had any deer skin, he said "No, but we could go kill a deer up the road with my bow and arrow and then skin it and use the skin for my shoes." Smart kid, no? We have yet to make his shoes, but the next day, he did construct a paper pouch that he taped on his back to hold is arrows. His enginouity amazes me daily. Each day is a new "project" and adventure. I love this kid.
2 comments:
Wow, that's one creative kid. I think he and George would get a kick out of each other.
He is so smart because he has parents who are and take the time to play with him. I am so happy. Abuelita
Post a Comment