Thursday, December 6, 2007

Follow-up on Blogging

After a lovely six hours of interrupted sleep, a nice walk in the rain and a shower, I feel like blogging again. It's an addiction. Maybe I should go to the 12 step program. I'd like to follow up on the previous blog I posted, only a mere 13 hours ago. I was feeling overwhelmed looking at other people's blogs because I just can't compete with the glorious Christmas decorations, the cute aprons and paper/cards people design (Brittany Reeve- I wish I could make luscious lotions too. Her blog is amazing, just because she gets to do that stuff for a living and she's incredibly talented and creative.) And because my mom and dad's house is flooded with six months worth of TIME and Newsweek magazines and actual newspapers that have all become foreign objects to me. I feel like shoving them all in my suitcase and taking them home with me so I can start reading and get caught up on the world. I'm feeling so disconnected. Why is Hillary so awesome to some people? I have no idea. I have a lot of catching up to do after hiding in my cave of "burned-out-mom-ness". So, thanks for commenting people. You made my day. I'll keep blogging. Where is Leah Fosse anyway? I want her blog page!
By the way, Emmy got engaged. It's official. She got the ring last night. Check out her blog for details.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Wait I haven't blogged about it yet!! But soon though. I'll just stay late at work and do it.

Jen Lynn said...

Thanks for the pro-blogging words. You had me feeling a little guilty for a second. But, only a little, because I love to blog and write down things that make me smile!

Leah doesn't have a blog. She needs to start one!

Here's her email: ilvjt@hotmail.com

I'll have to respond to your comment from the other day too. w/ email though.

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica,

It's Sonja! I just checked your blog to see some pictures of Mateo since I haven't seen any in a long time. The truck thing cracks me up. What is it about little boys and trucks? For that matter, big men and trucks? I'm already freaking out about what's going to happen in 13 years when Zachariah gets his driver's license, because already at age 3 he sits in the back chirping, "Faster, Daddy, FASTER!" And his favorite color is red. Need I say more. Yikes.

This blogging stuff is for the birds. Would you believe this is my first time commenting in a blog? I'm still having trouble using the word "blog" as a verb, to be honest. I suppose to some that makes me seem old, but to me that makes me feel sane.

Frankly, while I love the photo element, I think the rest could just happen over the phone or in a private e-mail message. Which is perhaps what I should do now instead of blogging to you! But I had to try this thing out. I have to say that there's something odd about dialogging with someone in a public space... weird. A little voyeuristic. Some people seem to go overboard with the photos, too (and I'm not saying you are, my dear, don't worry). When someone tells me to check out the 124 pictures of their kid's trip to the farm or whatever, I tend to forget I got that e-mail!

So, while the whole thing is very postmodern and cutting-edge, I'm going to stop blogging now! Anyway, just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Take care, and know you're not alone -- I'm out here slogging tiredly away on the front lines of motherhood, too. Big hugs to your big man and your little man from the five of us. Let's talk soon before my maternity leave ends (Jan 7) and I once again enter the world of too much to do in not enough time.

Besos,
Sonja

Unknown said...

Hi! Brooke has you linked on her blog now along with a bunch of Danville folks.

So, anyway, I'm hoping that this little snippet about me is a compliment, especially since I adore you so much:)

I think all bloggers go through the blogger doubts and confusion. I know I did (and still do). But then I found my niche and comfort zone and my blog became a creative outlet for me since my life is all about creating things. That's the cool thing about blogs--you make it what ever the heck you want to. It's kind of liberating.

anyway, glad to find you and see that you're well.

Anonymous said...

Sonja,

I am with you on the idea of the blog. The blog totally reminds me of that horrible Christmas letter that some family sends you that reads like an award ceremony. You know the card that I am referring to?…the one that is probably taped to your refrigerator right now! It’s the one that is surely three pages in length and somehow transforms a child’s mundane task of eating into some monumental achievement. Or even has the ability to make the most awkward and crazy member of your family seem like a societal role model. Blog…screw the blog…write in a journal, write an actual letter to someone, or even use your cell phone…isn’t long distance free on those things? As for me…I will not throw myself or anyone that I love to the ravenous porno-backed, spam soliciting, virus spreading, identity stealing STD known as the BLOG!

As for the rest of you…keep on bloggin’ because I don’t mind reading about your personal life.

See ya on the web.