The blogging world can be as dangerous as the T.V. world. It sucks you in like a vacuum and you can't get out until you realize you've spent hours indulging in other people's pictures and lives. I'm in Danville right now, thinking that I should get some sleep while Mateo's in bed, but instead, I choose to get sucked right back in to the blogger's kingdom of recipes, wedding pictures and kid's fun filled activities. I like seeing what people are up to, but I just can't help to think that some people blog like it's a competition. Who's got the cutest wallpaper setting, (is that what you call it?), the best links, the greatest youtube clips, the most blogging friends- contact list, (of which I come in last place), and most importantly, the cutest kid pictures. I'm kind of overwhelmed by it all. Who's got time for all this? It takes me forever just to download a picture. I'm tempted to throw in the towel. Am I over it, or am I just really tired, PMS-ing and hungry right now? If it weren't for so many great pictures of Mateo that I want to post, I'd never blog at all.
Maybe I would be more excited about it if I blogged about things that were important to me, like the upcoming presidential candidates, whom I need to learn something about. Or child rearing: (something I know nothing about either) vaccinations, autism, sleep habits, healthy eating habits, potty training, etc. Would anyone care to comment and actually get a dialogue going? On Emmy's blog, when she wrote about Mitt Romney, hardly anyone commented, but when it's about a Lindsey Lohan sighting or some silly bear costume that she danced around in, millions of people commented. Is that what our culture is most interested in? Apparently so. I'm guilty.
I'll go to bed now and start my political, environmental, and social dialogues later.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous how some people get so crazy about these things. I have finally been able to "regulate" my blog time with google reader. On our blog, John posted something political, and only 1 comment. Cute pics on the other hand? I've had up to 7. Maybe part of it is that people don't want to comment on something that actually matters for fear of differing opinions? I know that I sometimes hold back on things that I think may hurt someone else's feelings. Sounds dumb, but I guess I'm a softie in some areas!
Um, let's see, guilty, guilty and guilty of all you mention. At least it's an inexpensive addiction, until you start asking for the better camera, laptop, etc. Which of course I am.
I want more pictures of Mateo. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
I spend way too much time reading other peoples blogs it is very scary. But I love yours and your little man is so cute. How is your time in Danville? I haven't been there in almost 10 years, I think it is time for a visit.
Leah
Describing Paige, no? That's a wee bit catty. Pot, kettle, you're black.
Reading people's blogs is completely addicting. And ditto to everything else you said. But yours is so funny and entertaining, so I'm sorry, but The Blog Committee and I can't let you stop.
Oh you're just jealous because you don't know how to rotate pictures.
But don't feel bad, I have no idea how to do fancy wall papers.
Post a Comment